Friday, April 27, 2012

Spring jackets

I'm recently into mens trousers upcycling, so I thought I will share this one with you. I'm lucky to have source of almost never worn mens trousers (and sometimes even with price tags on!!! That's turning my hair gray:). Some time ago I posted pics of similar jacket - my techniques are improved now, and I'm still working on what else could be done with this material. The length of the jacket is a limitation, so it acts more as a capelet. Sleeves can be 3/4 or full length, finished with cuffs or elastic. Every jacket is specific, since material and sizing of trousers. Sometimes I have to play by ear, since fabric layers can be too thick to be sewn through, but whatever can be seen as a barrier, can be as well turned into challenge and adventually into some cool unique detail.

More pics of those jackets are in my shop. Have fun weekend!




12 comments:

Little Dark Rose said...

I love your jackets! Very cool, I can't wait to try something with my stash of men's trousers :)

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Amazing and unique refashion. Avante Garde and fashion forward. Love this whole concept. Love the trick it plays on your mind. You are seeing trousers but they are not what they seem. Brilliant!

Nettie said...

Oh, I love these! I'm a fan of cropped jackets and sweaters, so these look just perfect to me.

Andrea said...

I've seen your previous jackets and these are just as cool! I love the addition of the cuffs and cowl neck...very good use of menswear! Love :)

Bat Ma'am said...

These are AWESOME!!!!

concretenprimroses said...

Wonderful! They look terrific.

I am tall plus wouldn't look good in a crop, but 2 pairs of mens slacks might make a long enough one.

Kathy

Bec said...

Absolutely brilliant!

gaby said...

very cool!

Agy said...

One word - COOL!!!

Caroline said...

These are fantastic!

Refashion said...

I love these asymmetrical jackets from pants... The orange accents you've added is particularly fun. -Seeks, EOD

Unknown said...

Thanks for compliments! I'm still working on how to make these jackets longer... And more practical. But amount of fabric is a limitations. Or maybe challenge!